This ingenious surface planer incorporates a buoyant body, adjustable trip mechanism and movable rudder to allow trolling anglers to present baits far to the side of the boat and shore-bound anglers the ability to "back-troll" river runs just like boaters do. The Hot Shot Side Planer does not require an extra rod, or boat mount to operate. It rigs on the same rod as the lure being fished and combines with the venerable Hot Shot to form an exceptionally productive system. See Tech Report #2, Fishing The Hot Shot Side Planer.
- Buoyant body
- Adjustable trip mechanism
- Position lure any distance from planer
- Includes small and large rudder
- For trolling or back trolling
- Allows stream angler to back troll plugs from shore